2nd Annual 4th of July Community BBQ, 11 am – 3 pm
Held at the Howard Hall Community Center, 5510 County Rd 45, Howard, CO from 11 am – 3 pm on July 4th. Hamburger OR Brat OR Hot Dog OR Pulled Beef BBQ sandwich, Potato Salad OR Chips, Baked Beans, Drink, Dessert and more – $10-Adults, Children 10 & under Free. All other rides and activities are FREE: Barrel Train Rides, Face Painting, Games, Guided Tour Trolley Rides around Old Howard, Western Fremont Historical Society Old Church building open for tours and information.
All classes will be on Tuesday Nights and will last for approx. 2 hours at Howard Hall Community Center.
All classes are free however, any donations will go towards advancing additional training at Howard Hall
Registration for classes can be accomplished by visiting http://TEKnicalLearning.org or by calling Tom at (719) 371-0354.
Registration will open up on Monday, 4/23. Click Here for a printable version of the class Schedule.
The Howard Hall Community Center is located at 5410 County Rd 45, Howard CO 81233
The Howard Hall Community Center (HHCC) belongs to the community and is maintained by the Howard Hall Association (HHA). The HHCC is available for a minimal fee for weddings, birthday & anniversary parties, meetings, computer classes, dance classes, public speaking events etc. If you are interested in booking the HHCC go to our HowardHall.org website and click on the ‘Reserve the Hall’ link.
To help maintain the Hall with the monthly expenses and maintenance, the HHA has several fundraisers during the year. A Mexican Dinner and Silent Auction held every year in February, in the fall a Chili or Spaghetti Supper, and on July 4th – an old fashioned Community BBQ is held as a THANK YOU to the community for their support. We hold the BBQ in conjunction with the Western Fremont Historical Society (WFHS). At this BBQ the WFHS gives a riding tour of old Howard on an old fashioned Trolley Car. We also have for the kids and adults a ‘Barrel Train’ that gives rides. Not to mention the food!!!
This Community BBQ starts on July 4th at 11 am – 3 pm so that you still have time to get to your favorite spot to watch the 4th of July fireworks.
You can also help with maintaining the Hall with the monthly expenses and maintenance, with sending your donation to the Howard Hall Association at P.O. Box 92, Howard, CO 81233
For more information or if you would be interested in volunteering to be on the HHA board, contact Howard Hall Association President: Norm Stegeman 719-484-9956.
“Mexican Dinner & Fundraiser” On February 24, 2018 – 4:30 pm to 7 pm, Silent Auction bidding stops at 6:45 pm
This is our 3rd Annual “Mexican Dinner & Fundraiser”, Mark your calendar – February 24, 2018….. AND notice the new serving starting time…. Serving from 4:30pm to 7:00pm or until we run out of food.
Same low price…..
Adult’s and youth age 11 & above $10, children 10 & under FREE.
Come & bid on the many great “Silent Auction” items that have been donated by local merchants and local community artists.
Silent auction bids start at 4:30 pm and bidding ends at 6:45 pm.
Door Prize drawings throughout the meal (door prize recipients must be present to win)!
Smothered Beef Burrito (green chili)
Dessert – ICE CREAM
Proceeds to benefit the Howard Hall for upkeep and maintenance.
For more information or if you would like to donate an item for the silent auction contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Cotopaxi Lions Club is having a 2018 Community Photo Contest.
- Photos must be from the Upper Arkansas River Valley.
- Submit your favorite photo as a 5 x 7 print to enter the contest by September 18, 2017. Photos must be in a horizontal landscape (not vertical or portrait).
- Photos must be a 5 x 7 print as well as either CD, jump drive, digital format, etc. The original photo will be returned to the contestant.
- On a separate sheet of paper, please include the name of the photographer and a brief description or location of the photo. Please do not write on the photo itself.
- The photo may be enhanced using a computer assisted program.
- 10-12 photos will be selected for greeting cards.
- Photos will be selected by a panel of judges selected by the Cotopaxi Lions Club.
- All unselected photos will be returned to the owner.
- Previously selected photos are not eligible.
- It is understood that by submitting a photo to the Cotopaxi Lions Club Contest, the contestant is giving permission and ownership rights to the Cotopaxi Lions Club for reproduction. As a result, no copyrights will be accepted.
- It is understood that the use of the photo by the Cotopaxi Lions Club is for greeting cards.
Photos must be submitted by September 18, 2017 to any Cotopaxi Lions Club member.
For more information please contact: Jolene DeVries (942-4070); Tomalee Young (942-4177); or Betsy Denney (942-3679)
Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place, $50, $30, $20 and runners up will receive a consolation prize.
THE PHOTO CONTEST IS OPEN TO ALL RESIDENTS OF THE UPPER ARKANSAS RIVER VALLEY.
Annual Holiday Christmas Bazaar
Held at the Howard Hall in Howard, CO on November 4, 2017 at 8 am to 2 pm.
Hand made items! One of a kind items! This is your chance to ‘Beat The Crowds’ and get some Holiday shopping done early.
For more information and/or to reserve your table contact Jackie Stegeman at 719-484-9116
Let’s Do It Again!
HUGE PLEASANT VALLEY YARD/CRAFT Sale!
Held at the Howard Hall, 5510 County Road 45, Howard, CO September 23, 2017, Starting at 8am going to 3pm
Inside 8′ table or 10′ x 10′ outside space
Light lunch for sale.
Come browse around or call Stacy 371-8721 to reserve a table or space!
You are invited to Howard Hall for a FREE old fashioned Ice Cream Social! Bring the kids and enjoy some good ole’ home made ice!
Baked goods of all kinds will be on sale (for a donation) to go with your ice cream!
Held on: Saturday August 19, 2017, starting at 6pm until the ice cream and all of the baked goods are gone.
Sponsored by: The Pleasant Valley Club
This FREE Computer class PC105 – Social Networking is the sixth of 6 classes that are going to be held at the Howard Hall. Listed below are the topics that will be covered in this sixth class. You can register online by following this link http://tll.teknicalservices.com/events/social-networking-pc105/ or by calling Tom Kainz in Howard after 4pm at 719-942-4886.
- PC105 – Social Networking
- 9/12/17 – 6:00
- Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Linked-in, Foursquare, Tumbler… and the list goes on and on and on. The number of ways to connect with people around the world increases almost daily. This module will discuss some of the more popular social networking sites, how to join them and how to be wary of the pitfalls if you don’t use them wisely.